What is Class D Planning Usage?
Class D is revoked as from 1st of September 2020.
- D1 is split out and replaced by the new Class E(e-f) and Class F(1)
- D2 is split out and replaced by the new Class E(d) and Class F(2)(c-d) as well as several newly defined ‘Sui Generis’ uses.
Use class D
D1 – Non Residential Institutions
D1 is any use not including a residential use:
* for the provision of any medical or health services except the use of premises attached to the residence of the consultant or practioner
* as a crêche, day nursery or day centre
* for the provision of education
* for the display of works of art (otherwise than for sale or hire)
* as a museum
* as a public library or public reading room
* as a public hall or exhibition hall
* for, or in connection with, public worship or religious instruction
Sample of Conversion to D1 (educational): Click here
Sample of Conversion to D1 (healthcare): Click here
D2 – Assembly and Leisure
D2 use is used as:
* a cinema,
* a concert hall,
* a bingo hall or casino,
* a dance hall,
* a swimming bath, skating rink, gymnasium or area for other indoor or outdoor sports or recreations, not involving motorised vehicles or firearms.
Sample of Conversion to D2 (gymnasium/ personal training centre): Click here
Get in Touch
Request a Callback
Get in touch with us a for a FREE consultation or to obtain a FREE no obligation quote for our services