What is Class A Planning Usage?
Class A is revoked as from 1st of September 2020.
- Classes A 1/2/3 are effectively replaced with the new Class E (a,b,c)
- Classes A4 & A5 uses are not covered by new Class E and become defined as ‘Sui Generis’
Use class A – Shops
Class A1 is use for the following purposes:
* for the retail sale of goods other than hot food,
* as a post office,
* for the sale of tickets or as a travel agency,
* for the sale of sandwiches or other cold food for consumption off the premises,
* for hairdressing,
* for the direction of funerals,
* for the display of goods for sale,
* for the hiring out of domestic or personal goods or articles,
* for the reception of goods to be washed, cleaned or repaired,
* where the sale, display or service is to visiting members of the public.
* as an internet café; where the primary purpose of the premises is to provide facilities for enabling members of the public to access the internet
Class A2 is use for the provision of:
* financial services, or
* professional services (other than health or medical services), or
* any other services (including use as a betting office) which it is appropriate to provide in a shopping area, where the services are provided principally to visiting members of the public.
Class A3 is use for the sale of food or drink for consumption on the premises or of hot food for consumption off the premises.
Class A4 is use as a public house, wine-bar or other drinking establishment
Class A5 is use as the sale of hot food for consumption off the premises.
Get in Touch
Request a Callback
Get in touch with us a for a FREE consultation or to obtain a FREE no obligation quote for our services